T-Bact Ointment (Mupirocin)
Buy T-Bact Ointment (Mupirocin), Mupirocin 2% ointment, commonly known by its brand name Bactroban and T-Bact, is a topical antibiotic medication used to treat bacterial skin infections. It belongs to the class of drugs known as monoxycarbolic acids. Mupirocin is highly effective against a variety of gram-positive bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus (including methicillin-resistant strains) and Streptococcus pyogenes.Read More
Introduction to Mupirocin 2% Ointment (Bactroban/T-Bact):
Mupirocin 2% ointment, commonly known by its brand name Bactroban, is a topical antibiotic medication used to treat bacterial skin infections. It belongs to the class of drugs known as monoxycarbolic acids. Mupirocin is highly effective against a variety of gram-positive bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus (including methicillin-resistant strains) and Streptococcus pyogenes.
The dosage of Mupirocin 2% ointment is determined by the severity and location of the skin infection. It is typically applied three times daily to the affected area. Before application, the skin should be cleaned and dried thoroughly. It is essential to use the medication for the full prescribed course, even if symptoms improve before completion.
Precautions of T-Bact Ointment (Mupirocin)
Before using Mupirocin 2% ointment, consider the following precautions:
- Individuals with a known hypersensitivity to Mupirocin or any of its ingredients should avoid its use.
- Consult a healthcare professional before using Mupirocin during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
- Avoid using Mupirocin on extensive skin areas, as it may increase the risk of systemic absorption and potential side effects.
- Do not apply Mupirocin to open wounds, eyes, mouth, or inside the nose.
Uses of Mupirocin 2% Ointment (Bactroban):
- Impetigo: Mupirocin is commonly used to treat impetigo, a highly contagious bacterial skin infection common in children.
- Minor Skin Infections: The ointment is effective in treating various minor skin infections, such as folliculitis and furunculosis.
- Wound Infections: Mupirocin can be used to prevent and treat infections in small wounds, cuts, and abrasions.
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Eradication: It is particularly effective against MRSA colonization in the nasal passages, helping to reduce the spread of this resistant strain.
Side Effect of T-Bact Ointment (Mupirocin)
While Mupirocin 2% ointment is generally well-tolerated, some individuals may experience side effects, including:
- Mild redness, itching, or burning at the application site.
- Rarely, severe allergic reactions may occur, presenting as hives, difficulty breathing, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat. If these symptoms occur, seek immediate medical attention.
FAQ 1: Can I use Mupirocin 2% ointment for fungal infections?
Answer: No, Mupirocin is specifically designed to treat bacterial skin infections. It is not effective against fungal infections like ringworm or athlete's foot. Using it for such conditions may not provide the desired results and could delay appropriate treatment.
FAQ 2: How long should I use Mupirocin ointment/Bactroban for impetigo treatment?
Answer: The typical course of Mupirocin for impetigo is usually 7 to 10 days. However, the duration may vary depending on the severity of the infection and the doctor's recommendation. It is crucial to complete the full course as prescribed for effective treatment.
FAQ 3: Can Mupirocin ointment be used on open wounds?
Answer: No, Mupirocin should not be applied to open wounds as it may be absorbed into the bloodstream, potentially causing adverse effects. It is designed for intact skin use only. Consult a healthcare professional for appropriate wound care and treatment.
FAQ 4: Is Mupirocin ointment safe for use during pregnancy?
Answer: Before using Mupirocin during pregnancy, consult your healthcare provider. While studies in animals have not shown adverse effects, it is still essential to discuss potential risks and benefits with your doctor to make an informed decision about its use during pregnancy.
FAQ 5: Can I apply Mupirocin ointment inside my nostrils for MRSA prevention?
Answer: Yes, Mupirocin ointment can be used to eradicate MRSA colonization inside the nostrils. However, this should only be done under the guidance of a healthcare professional. The ointment should not be used inside the nose for an extended period due to the risk of absorption.
Drug Interactions with T-Bact Ointment (Mupirocin)
As a topical medication, Mupirocin 2% ointment is not likely to interact significantly with other medications. However, it is essential to inform your healthcare provider about all the medicines you are using, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements, to prevent any potential interactions.
Where to Buy Mupirocin Ointment?
At Onlinegenericmedicine.com, you can conveniently purchase Mupirocin 2% ointment (Bactroban) online. Our platform offers a user-friendly interface, secure payment options, and discreet packaging for your convenience. Simply search for "Mupirocin 2% ointment" on our website, add it to your cart, and proceed with the checkout process. Always ensure to provide accurate shipping information to receive your order promptly.
Mupirocin Ointment Over the Counter:
Mupirocin 2% ointment is a prescription medication and is not available over the counter (OTC). To purchase Mupirocin ointment, you will need a valid prescription from a licensed healthcare professional. It is important to use Mupirocin only as prescribed and follow the recommended dosage and application instructions to ensure the safe and effective treatment of bacterial skin infections.
|Manufacturer||:||Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd|