- Generic: L Methyl Folate + Vitamin B12+ Pyridoxal 5 phosphate.Equivalent Brand:30 Capsule/s$17.71
Vitamin deficiency occurs when the body lacks the necessary amount of a specific vitamin required for normal physiological functions. Vitamins are essential micronutrients that play crucial roles in various bodily processes. Here's an overview of common vitamin deficiencies and their associated symptoms:
1. Vitamin D Deficiency:
- Bone and muscle pain
- Increased susceptibility to infections
- Sources: Sun exposure, fatty fish, fortified foods, and supplements.
2. Vitamin B12 Deficiency:
- Symptoms:Fatigue and weakness
- Numbness or tingling in the hands and feet
- Difficulty maintaining balance
- Sources: Meat, fish, dairy products, and B12 supplements.
3. Vitamin C Deficiency (Scurvy):
- Swollen, bleeding gums
- Joint pain
- Sources: Citrus fruits, strawberries, bell peppers, and other fruits and vegetables.
4. Vitamin A Deficiency:
- Symptoms:Night blindness
- Dry eyes
- Skin issues
- Weakened immune system
- Sources: Liver, sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, and dairy products.
5. Vitamin K Deficiency:
- Symptoms:Excessive bleeding or bruising
- Poor blood clotting
- Sources: Leafy green vegetables, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and fish.
6. Vitamin E Deficiency:
- Symptoms:Muscle weakness
- Vision problems
- Weakened immune function
- Sources: Nuts, seeds, spinach, and vegetable oils.
7. Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) Deficiency:
- Muscle weakness
- Memory issues
- Sources: Whole grains, pork, nuts, and legumes.
8. Vitamin B6 Deficiency:
- Skin rashes
- Sources: Poultry, fish, bananas, and fortified cereals.
9. Folate (Vitamin B9) Deficiency:
- Poor growth
- Sources: Leafy green vegetables, legumes, citrus fruits, and fortified foods.
Prevention and Treatment:
- A well-balanced diet with a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins helps prevent vitamin deficiencies.
- Supplements may be recommended in cases of severe deficiency or when dietary intake is insufficient.
Consultation with Healthcare Professionals:
- If you suspect a vitamin deficiency, it's crucial to consult with healthcare professionals for proper diagnosis and guidance on supplementation or dietary adjustments.
Maintaining adequate levels of vitamins through a balanced diet is essential for overall health and well-being. Recognizing and addressing vitamin deficiencies early can help prevent associated health issues. Regular check-ups and consultations with healthcare professionals are important for optimal health management.