Alerid Tablet (Cetirizine)
Buy Alerid 10mg (Cetirizine), Cetirizine is an antiallergic used to treat cold or allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes, or running nose, and skin allergies. Cetirizine belongs to the group of medicines called antihistamines. It acts by blocking a natural substance (histamine) that is produced in the body during an allergic reaction.Zyrtec is another brand name for Cetirizine.Read More
Introduction of Alerid 10mg Tablet (Cetirizine)
Alerid 10mg is a medication containing the active ingredient Cetirizine, which belongs to the antihistamine group of drugs. It is primarily used to treat cold or allergy symptoms, including sneezing, itching, watery eyes, running nose, and skin allergies. Cetirizine works by blocking the effects of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction. This drug is commonly used for conditions like hay fever (allergy to pollen and other airborne substances), angioedema, and urticaria (hives). It is available in tablet form and is manufactured by the renowned Indian pharmaceutical company, Cipla. / is a brand name for the medication Cetirizine, which is an antihistamine used to treat allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itching, and runny nose. It is effective in providing relief from hay fever and hives.
Uses of Alerid Tablet (Cetirizine)
Cetirizine is an antihistamine that effectively alleviates symptoms associated with allergies and colds. It is used to relieve conditions like:
- Runny nose
- Itching (nose/throat)
- Watery eyes
- Hives (urticaria)
However, it is essential to note that Cetirizine does not prevent severe allergic reactions such as anaphylaxis.
How it works:
Cetirizine functions by blocking histamines in the body, which helps reduce allergic reaction symptoms. Histamines are chemicals released by the immune system during an allergic response, causing inflammation and typical allergy symptoms. By inhibiting the action of histamines, Cetirizine provides relief from allergy symptoms.
The recommended dosages of Cetirizine are as follows:
- For adults and children above 12 years: 10 mg once a day
- For children aged 6-12 years: 5 mg taken twice a day
- For children aged 2-6 years: 2.5 mg twice a day
- It's important to follow the instructions of a doctor or the packaging if using over-the-counter products for self-treatment.
How to Take:
Cetirizine/Zyrtec is available in various forms, including tablets, chewable tablets, extended-release tablets, and syrup. Alerid comes in tablet form and is usually taken once a day, with or without food. The method of administration is as follows:
- For standard tablets: Swallow with water
- For chewable tablets: Chew thoroughly before swallowing
- For rapid dissolving tablets: Allow it to dissolve on the tongue, then swallow with or without water
- For syrup form: Use a proper measuring device to ensure correct measurements
Cetirizine Tablets for sale:
We offer Cetirizine tablets for sale on our website onlinegenericmedicine.com. These tablets are a convenient and reliable way to manage allergy symptoms and provide relief from discomfort caused by common allergens.
Side Effects of Alerid Tablet (Cetirizine)
As with most medications, Cetirizine may have some side effects. These side effects are not experienced by everyone, and some may resolve as the body adapts to the drug. Common side effects may include:
- Feeling tired and sleepy
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Urinating less than usual or not at all
- Sore throat or cough
- Tremors or weakness
If any severe or persistent side effects occur, seek medical attention promptly.
Precautions of Alerid Tablet (Cetirizine)
- Avoid taking Cetirizine if you are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding.
- Do not use Cetirizine if you have kidney problems or a rare inherited blood disorder called porphyria.
- Inform your doctor of any allergic reactions to other antihistamines.
- Do not consume alcohol, sedatives, or tranquilizers alongside Cetirizine, as they may increase drowsiness.
- Refrain from driving, operating machinery, or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness while taking this medication.
Drug Interactions with Alerid Tablet (Cetirizine)
Cetirizine/Zyrtec may interact with certain drugs, leading to unwanted effects or altering their effectiveness. Inform your doctor of all the products you use, and avoid using other antihistamines simultaneously, as it may increase side effects. Cetirizine shares similarities with levocetirizine and hydroxyzine, so avoid taking these medications together. Some other medicines that may interact with Cetirizine are:
- Fentanyl Intranasal
Shop Cetirizine medication:
Shop for Cetirizine medication on our website and experience the convenience of getting relief from allergy symptoms without leaving your home. Our Cetirizine products are genuine and sourced from reputable manufacturers.
- Avoid driving or operating machinery after taking Cetirizine, as it may cause drowsiness.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided while using this medication.
- Consult a doctor if you experience changes in vision, severe dry mouth, trouble urinating, constipation, or drowsiness.
- Do not take Cetirizine if you are allergic to it or any of its ingredients, have severe kidney or liver problems, are pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- Seek your doctor's advice before taking Cetirizine if you have fits, severe kidney impairment, or intolerance to sugars.
FAQs about Cetirizine (Alerid 10mg):
Can Cetirizine be used for skin rashes and itching?
Yes, Cetirizine is effective in relieving skin rashes and itching caused by various allergic reactions, including hives and urticaria.
Is Cetirizine safe for elderly patients?
Cetirizine can be used by elderly patients, but it is advisable to consult a doctor for proper dosage adjustment based on individual health conditions.
Can I take Cetirizine if I have a history of kidney stones?
If you have a history of kidney stones, it is essential to consult your doctor before using Cetirizine, as it may require dosage adjustments.
Is it safe to take Cetirizine during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should avoid using Cetirizine without consulting their healthcare provider to ensure the safety of the unborn child.
Can Cetirizine be used for chronic allergies?
While Cetirizine can provide short-term relief for chronic allergies, it is essential to consult a doctor for a long-term management plan.
|Generic Search||:||Cetirizine Hcl|