Aldactone Tablet (Spironolactone)
Buy Aldactone (Spironolactone), Spironolactone is used in the treatment of hyperaldosteronism (the body produces too much aldosterone, a naturally occurring hormone); low potassium levels; heart failure; and in patients with edema (fluid retention) caused by various conditions, including liver, or kidney disease. It is also used alone or with other medications to treat high blood pressure.Read More
What Is Spironolactone Tablet?
Before Taking Spironolactone
Before taking Spironolactone (Aldactone), take care of all precautions mentioned above. Discuss them with your doctor and clear all doubts that you may have about this drug.
How Should I Take Spironolactone?
Take Spironolactone strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer to the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication. Always store this medicine in a cool and dry place.
What If I Miss A Dose?
If you miss a dose of Spironolactone, take it as soon as you remember. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
What If I Overdose?
In case of an overdose of Spironolactone, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor Immediately. Overdose may result in drowsiness, confusion, red skin rash, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
Things And Activities To Avoid While Taking Spironolactone
Spironolactone may impact your thinking capability and reflexes. Take extra care while driving or other such activities that require a high level of mental awareness and alertness. Do not exert more or become dehydrated while exercising and while in hot weather. Also, do not take potassium supplements or other diuretics while you are taking Spironolactone. Also, avoid salt substitutes or low-sodium milk products that contain potassium. These products can shoot up your potassium levels while taking this medicine
Spironolactone Dosing Information
Spironolactone dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results.
Precaution Of Aldactone Tablet (Spironolactone)
- Do not take Spironolactone (Aldactone) if you have a known allergy to it, if you have kidney disease, high levels of potassium in your blood, or if you are unable to urinate. Do not take potassium supplements or other diuretics while you are taking Spironolactone. Also, avoid salt substitutes or low-sodium milk products that contain potassium. These products can shoot up your potassium levels while taking this medicine
- Prior to taking Spironolactone, let your doctor know if you have liver disease, or if you take st***dal medicines or another diuretic. Avoid a high-salt diet while taking this medicine. High salt intake will cause your body to retain water and can make this medicine less effective.
- Do not exert more or become dehydrated while exercising and while in hot weather. Follow your doctor’s directions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink. In some instances, consuming too much liquid can be as harmful as not drinking enough. If you are being treated for high blood pressure, continue taking Spironolactone even if you don’t have any symptoms. High blood pressure doesn’t have any outward signs. You may have to take this medicine for the rest of your life.
- Spironolactone is an FDA pregnancy category C drug. It is known that this medicine can harm an unborn baby if taken during pregnancy. Spironolactone can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Consult your doctor before taking Spironolactone if any of these cases apply to you.
Uses Of Aldactone Tablet (Spironolactone)
Spironolactone is used in the treatment of hyperaldosteronism (the body produces too much aldosterone, a naturally occurring hormone); low potassium levels; heart failure; and in patients with edema (fluid retention) caused by various conditions, including liver, or kidney disease. It is also used alone or with other medications to treat high blood pressure.
How It Works
- Spironolactone belongs to a class of medications called aldosterone receptor antagonists. It causes the kidneys to eliminate unneeded water and sodium from the body into the urine but reduces the loss of potassium from the body.
- When considering a change from your current medication to spironolactone, it is crucial to consult with your healthcare professional. They will assess your medical history, current condition, and specific needs to determine if spironolactone is an appropriate choice for you. Switching medications should always be done under medical supervision to ensure safety and effectiveness.
The transition process may involve gradually tapering off your current medication while introducing spironolactone. This approach helps minimize potential risks and allows for close monitoring of any changes in your symptoms or health. Your healthcare professional will provide specific instructions on dosage adjustments and timing for the switch.
Common Side Effects Of Aldactone Tablet (Spironolactone)
gastrointestinal disturbances, toxic epidermal necrolysis, itching of the skin, breast pain, nausea, loss of hair, changes in libido, liver problems, pale red raised itchy skin, leg cramps, increased potassium level, abnormal blood counts, Abnormally large breasts in male, electrolyte disturbances, acute renal failure., confusion, feeling sick, dizziness, drug rash, serious widespread allergic reaction with rash involving skin and internal lining of an organ, breast tumors, menstrual disorders
Buy Spironolactone Tablet: Purchase Aldactone Tablet (Spironolactone) at a discounted price. Buy cheap, high-quality medication online at onlinegenericmedicine.com. we provide the Best price for Spironolactone in the USA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Aldactone Tablet (Spironolactone)
Q. Is Spironolactone An ACE Inhibitor/Thiazide Diuretic/Corticost***D/St***D/ Beta Blocker?
No, spironolactone belongs to a class of medications called aldosterone receptor antagonists.
Q. Is Spironolactone Safe?
Spironolactone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is Spironolactone Over The Counter Drug?
No, it is available as a prescription drug.
Q. Is Spironolactone Used For Weight Control, Birth Control, Acne, And Loss Of Hair?
No, spironolactone is used in the treatment of failure of heart, resulting in fluid build-up in the lungs or other body tissue (congestive cardiac failure), chronic liver disease (hepatic cirrhosis) with the accumulation of fluid in the peritoneum liver (ascites and edema), malignant ascites, nephrotic syndrome, diagnosis and treatment of primary aldosteronism.
Q. What Is Spironolactone/Dytor Plus/Aldactone?
Spironolactone/Dytor plus/Aldactone belongs to a class of medications called aldosterone receptor antagonists.
Q. Does Spironolactone Affect Birth Control?
No, Always consult your doctor about possible effects.
Aldactone Tablet (Spironolactone) Interaction With Other Drugs
There Are Several Medications That Can Interact With Spironolactone, And It Is Crucial To Consult With Your Healthcare Professional Or Pharmacist For Personalized Advice. Some Notable Drug Interactions Include:
Potassium-sparing diuretics: Spironolactone is a potassium-sparing diuretic itself, so combining it with other potassium-sparing diuretics, such as amiloride or triamterene, can increase the risk of hyperkalemia (high potassium levels in the blood).
ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs): When combined with spironolactone, these medications can further increase potassium levels. Close monitoring of potassium levels is necessary if using these drugs together.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs): NSAIDs, including ibuprofen and naproxen, can reduce the effectiveness of spironolactone and may lead to increased blood pressure. It is advisable to consult your healthcare professional before using NSAIDs alongside spironolactone.
Certain antibiotics: Antibiotics like trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (TMP-SMX) and tetracycline antibiotics can raise potassium levels when taken with spironolactone. Your healthcare professional should be aware of your medication regimen to monitor potential interactions.
- The medicine can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. Avoid driving or operating machinery until you know how the medicine affects you.
- Do not use supplements or salt substitutes that are high in potassium. Consult your doctor if you develop any muscle weakness, skin changes, or red or black tarry stool. Avoid taking alcohol with this medication as it may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting when you get up too quickly from a lying position.
- Do not start or continue spironolactone and consult your doctor:
- If you have kidney disease, Addison's disease (an adrenal gland disorder), liver disease, or heart disease.
- If you have high levels of potassium in your blood (hyperkalemia).
- if you are also taking eplerenone or other potassium-sparing diuretics.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance (such as low levels of magnesium in your blood).
- if you take an NSAID (nonst***dal anti-inflammatory drug), cholestyramine, heparin, lithium, heart or blood pressure medication, potassium supplements, st***d medicine, or another diuretic.
|Manufacturer||:||RPG Life Science, India|
|Equivalent Brand||:||Aldactone 25|
|Strength||:||25mg, 50mg, 100mg|