Repalol Tablet (Atenolol + Losartan)
Repalol Tablet, which contains Atenolol and Losartan, is a medication prescribed for the treatment of hypertension, commonly known as high blood pressure. This combination of two medicines is specifically designed to effectively control blood pressure when a single medication alone proves to be ineffective.Read More
Repalol Tablet (Atenolol + Losartan): A Comprehensive Solution for Hypertension Management
Repalol Tablet is a combination medication that contains two active ingredients, Atenolol and Losartan. It is primarily prescribed as an antihypertensive medication for the management of high blood pressure. Atenolol/Losartan combination medication is specifically designed to address the needs of patients who require the benefits of both Atenolol and Losartan for effective heart disease management.
Atenolol is a beta-blocker that works by blocking the action of certain natural substances in the body, such as adrenaline. By doing so, it helps to lower blood pressure, reduce the workload on the heart, and control heart rate. This makes Atenolol an important component in the treatment of hypertension and various cardiovascular conditions. Losartan belongs to a class of medications known as angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs). It works by blocking the effects of a hormone called angiotensin II, which constricts blood vessels and increases blood pressure. By inhibiting the action of angiotensin II, Losartan helps to relax blood vessels, reduce blood pressure, and improve blood flow. This makes Losartan an effective medication for managing hypertension and protecting the heart from the adverse effects of high blood pressure.
The combination of Atenolol and Losartan in a Repalol Tablet provides a synergistic effect, allowing for better control of blood pressure and heart rate. This combination medication is often prescribed when individual medications alone are not sufficient to manage hypertension or heart disease effectively. By combining the benefits of Atenolol and Losartan, Repalol Tablet offers a comprehensive approach to cardiovascular health. It is important to note that Repalol Tablet should only be taken under the supervision and prescription of a healthcare professional. The dosage and duration of treatment will depend on individual patient factors and should be determined by a doctor.
Uses of Repalol Tablet (Atenolol + Losartan)
What is it prescribed for?
Essential hypertension This medicine is employed within the treatment of high vital signs which can be caused by genetic and/or environmental factors.
Dosage of Atenolol + Losartan Tablet (Repalol):
- The usual starting dose of Atenolol + Losartan Tablet (Repalol) is one tablet taken orally once a day.
- The dosage may be adjusted by your doctor based on your individual needs and response to treatment.
- It is important to take the medication at the same time each day to maintain consistent blood levels.
- Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water, without crushing or chewing it.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is close to the time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not change the dosage or stop taking Atenolol + Losartan Tablet (Repalol) without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding the dosage or administration of Repalol Tablet, consult your healthcare provider or pharmacist for clarification.
Side effects of Repalol Tablet (Atenolol + Losartan)
Major & minor side effects of Repalol Tablet
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in breathing
- Cold hands or feet
- Chest pain
- Decrease in frequency of urination
- Increased thirst
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble sleeping
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty or painful urination
- Fast heartbeat
- Back pain
- Chest tightness
- Weakness in arms, hands, legs, or feet
When to not use Repalol Tablet (Atenolol + Losartan)?
- This medicine isn't recommended to be used in patients with a known allergy to losartan, the other angiotensin receptor blockers, atenolol, the other beta-blockers, or the other inactive ingredients present alongside these medicines.
- This medicine isn't recommended to be used in patients affected by a shock thanks to the increased risk of worsening of the patient's condition.
- This medicine isn't recommended to be used in patients with Adams-Stokes syndrome greater than a degree thanks to the increased risk of worsening the patient's condition.
- This medicine isn't recommended to be used in patients with a known history of sinus bradycardia since it's going to worsen the patient's condition.
- This medicine isn't recommended to be used in patients with a known history of uncompensated cardiac failure since it's going to worsen the patient's condition.
- This medicine isn't recommended to be used in patients with a known history of severe pulmonary edema thanks to the increased risk of great adverse effects.
- Aliskiren Coadministration of aliskiren and this medicine isn't recommended thanks to the increased risk of great adverse effects. This risk is particularly higher within the elderly population and in patients with diabetes and kidney diseases.
Warnings for Repalol Tablet (Atenolol + Losartan)
Warnings for special population
Pregnancy This medicine isn't recommended to be used in pregnant women except in life-threatening conditions. All the risks and benefits should be discussed with the doctor before taking this antibiotic. Your doctor may prescribe a safer alternative supported by your clinical situation.
Breastfeeding This medicine isn't approved to be used in breastfeeding women unless absolutely necessary. All the risks and benefits should be discussed with the doctor before taking this antibiotic. Your doctor may advise you to discontinue breastfeeding or to discontinue the drug to support your clinical condition.
- This medicine can cause coronary failure and reduce blood flow in patients having a heart condition. Close monitoring of heart function is suggested for such patients. Appropriate dose arrangement or replacement with an appropriate alternative could also be required to support the clinical condition.
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients who are scheduled to undergo serious surgery. An anesthetic with little negative inotropic activity should be selected to attenuate the effect on the guts.
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients with lung diseases who don't answer other antihypertensive medications. Start with a rock bottom possible dose and increase the dose supported by the clinical condition. Replacement with an appropriate alternative could also be recommended in some cases.
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients with hyperlipidemia since it's going to alter the serum lipid profiles. Appropriate dose adjustments or replacement with an appropriate alternative should be considered under your doctor's supervision.
- Sports Athletes are advised to not enjoys certain sports while using this medicine. Archery, racing, shooting, and other high-risk sports should be escaped. Sportspersons should ask for the list of medicines published by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) that aren't to be taken while participating in specific sports events.
- This medicine should be administered with caution in patients with increased hormone levels. Abrupt withdrawal of this medicine may cause a life-threatening condition called a thyroid storm. Frequent monitoring of hormone levels is suggested for such patients. Appropriate dose arrangement or replacement with an appropriate alternative could also be required to support the clinical condition.
- Symptomatic hypotension may occur in patients with volume depletion or patients who are considered with high-dose diuretics. it's advised to correct this condition before initiating treatment with this medicine or start the treatment at a rock-bottom effective dose.
Commonly asked questions
Repalol Tablet (Atenolol + Losartan)
How long does it deem this antibiotic to require effect?
The effect of this antibiotic is often observed within 1 hour of administration of the dose.
How long do the consequences of this medicine last?
The effect of this medicine lasts for a mean duration of 24 hours.
Is it safe to consume alcohol while taking this antibiotic?
Consumption of alcohol isn't recommended during treatment with this medicine thanks to the increased risk of side effects like a headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or pulse. it's advised that you simply don't perform any activities that need high mental alertness like driving a vehicle or operating machinery if you consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine.
Is this a habit-forming medicine?
No habit-forming tendencies were reported.
Drug Interactions with Atenolol + Losartan Tablet (Repalol):
It is important to be aware of potential drug interactions when taking Atenolol + Losartan Tablet (Repalol). Interactions can occur when this combination of medication is taken with certain medications, substances, or supplements. It is crucial to inform your healthcare provider about all the medications you are currently taking to avoid any adverse effects or reduced efficacy of treatment. Here are some common drug interactions to be cautious of: Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs), Other Antihypertensive Medications, Potassium-Sparing Diuretics or Potassium Supplements, Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs), Diabetes Medications, and Lithium.
|Atenolol + Losartan
|50 mg + 50 mg