Imatib Tablet (Imatinib)
Imatinib is utilized to treat particular sorts of leukemia (malignant growth that starts in the white platelets) and different tumors and problems of the platelets. Imatinib gleevec is likewise used to treat specific kinds of gastrointestinal stromal cancers (GIST; a sort of growth that fills in the dividers of the stomach related entries and may spread to different pieces of the body).Read More
Introductions of Imatib (Imatinib gleevec)
Imatinib is utilized to treat particular sorts of leukemia (malignant growth that starts in the white platelets) and different tumors and problems of the platelets. Imatinib is likewise used to treat specific kinds of gastrointestinal stromal cancers (GIST; a sort of growth that fills in the dividers of the stomach related entries and may spread to different pieces of the body). Imatinib is likewise used to treat dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (a cancer that structures under the top layer of skin) when the growth can't be taken out precisely, has spread to different pieces of the body, or has returned after a medical procedure. Imatinib is in a class of meds called kinase inhibitors. It works by hindering the activity of the unusual protein that signals malignant growth cells to increase. This helps stop the spread of malignant growth cells.Imatib tablet is also sold under the brand name gleevec and also known as Imatinib gleevec.
Precautionas of Imatib (Imatinib Gleevec)
- • let your primary care physician and drug specialist know if you are sensitive to imatinib, some other meds, or any of the fixings in imatinib tablets. Demand your medication expert for an overview from the trimmings.
- • let your PCP know what natural items you are taking, particularly St. John's wort.
- • let your PCP know if you have or have at any point had heart, lung, thyroid, kidney, or liver infection.
- • inform your essential consideration doctor as to whether you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. You should take a pregnancy test prior to beginning t treatment, You ought not become pregnant while you are taking imatinib and for 14 days after your last portion. Converse with your primary care physician about anti-conception medication strategies that you can use during your treatment. Assuming that you become pregnant while taking imatinib, call your PCP. Imatinib might hurt the baby.
- • let your primary care physician know if you are breastfeeding. You ought not breastfeed while you are taking imatinib gleevec and for one month after your last portion.
- • assuming you are having a medical procedure, including dental medical procedure, tell the specialist or dental specialist that you are taking imatinib.
- • you should realize that imatinib may make you lightheaded, lazy, or cause obscured vision. Try not to drive a vehicle or work apparatus until you know what this medicine means for you
Uses of Imatib (Imatinib gleevec)
Imatinib gleevec comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is normally taken with a dinner and a huge glass of water more than once per day. Take imatinib at around the equivalent time(s) consistently. Follow the headings on your medication name mindfully, and ask your PCP or medication expert to explain any part you don't fathom. Take imatinib definitively as facilitated. Do whatever it takes not to take pretty a lot of it or take it more every now and again than suggested by your PCP.
Swallow down the tablets; don't chomp or pound them. Accepting you contact or come into direct contact with a crushed tablet, wash the locale totally.
Assuming you can't swallow imatinib tablets, you might put each of the tablets that you want for one portion into a glass of water or squeezed apple. Use 50 milliliters (fairly under 2 ounces) of liquid for each 100-mg tablet and 200 milliliters (to some degree under 7 ounces) of liquid for each 400-mg tablet. Mix with a spoon until the tablets disintegrate totally and drink the blend right away.
In the event that your primary care physician has advised you to take 800 mg of imatinib, you should accept 2 of the 400-mg tablets. Try not to take 8 of the 100-mg tablets. The tablet covering contains iron, and you will get an excess of iron in the event that you take 8 of the 100-mg tablets.
Your PCP might increment or decline your portion of imatinib during your treatment. This relies upon how well the prescription functions for yourself and as an afterthought impacts you experience. Converse with your primary care physician regarding how you are feeling during your treatment. Continue to take imatinib whether or not you feel better.Try not to quit taking imatinib without conversing with your primary care physician.
Side effects of Imatib (Imatinib)
Imatinib Gleevec might cause aftereffects. Let your PCP know if any of these side effects are serious or don't disappear:
- • the runs
- • queasiness
- • retching
- • change in the manner things taste
- • mouth wounds or expanding inside the mouth
- • loss of hunger
- • weight reduction
- • acid reflux or heartburn
- • dry mouth
- • cerebral pain
- • joint expanding or agony
- • bone torment
- • muscle issues, fits, or torment
- • shivering, consuming. or then again prickling feeling on the skin
- • trouble nodding off or staying unconscious
- • perspiring
- • sad eyes
- • pink eye
- • flushing
- • dry skin
- • rash
- • tingling
- • nail changes
- • going bald
A few aftereffects can be not kidding.In case you experience any of these incidental effects call your essential consideration doctor immediately:
- • expanding around the eyes
- • expanding of the hands, feet, lower legs, or lower legs
- • unexpected weight gain
- • windedness
- • quick, sporadic, or beating heartbeat
- • hacking up pink or horrendous bodily fluid
- • expanded pee, particularly around evening time
- • chest torment
- • stripping, rankling, or shedding skin
- • yellowing of the skin or eyes
- • blood in the stool
- • strange swelling or dying
- • influenza like manifestations, sore throat, fever, chills, and different indications of disease
- • exorbitant sluggishness or shortcoming
- • stomach torment or bulging
Imatinib 400mg might slow development in youngsters. Your youngster's PCP will watch their development cautiously. Converse with your youngster's PCP about the dangers of giving imatinib to your kid.
What Sort Of Medication Is Imatinib?
Imatinib is a sort of disease development blocker called a tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI). Tyrosine kinases are proteins that phones use to motion toward one another to develop. They go about as synthetic couriers. There are various different tyrosine kinases and impeding them stops the disease cells developing.
Is Imatinib A Chemotherapy Drug?
Imatinib (Gleevec) is a Chemotherapy Regimen for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
Who Ought Not Take Imatinib?
Try not to utilize imatinib assuming you are pregnant.
It could hurt the unborn child or cause birth surrenders. Utilize viable contraception to forestall pregnancy while you are utilizing this medication and for no less than 14 days after your last portion.
Interactions of Imatib (Imatinib 400mg)
Drug collaborations might change how your meds work or increment your danger for genuine aftereffects. This report doesn't contain all conceivable medication cooperations. Keep a rundown of the multitude of items you use (counting medicine/nonprescription medications and home grown items) and offer it with your primary care physician and drug specialist. Do whatever it takes not to start, stop, or change the estimations of any medications without your PCP's underwriting.
This medicine can dial back the expulsion of different meds from your body, which might influence how they work. Instances of impacted medications incorporate flibanserin, irinotecan, lomitapide, warfarin, among others.
|Manufacturer||:||Cipla Pharma, India|