Acamptas Tablet (Acamprosate)
Buy Acamptas 333MG (Acamprosate), Acamprosate along with the counseling is used as a therapy to maintain the practice of avoiding alcohol drinking again in people who are alcohol dependent.Campral is another trade name for Acamprosate.Read More
What is Acamptas Tablet (Acamprosate)?
Acamprosate is a medication utilized in conjunction with counseling to aid individuals who have become alcohol dependent in maintaining sobriety and avoiding a relapse into alcohol consumption. This synthetic amino acid acts as a neurotransmitter analog, working to restore the balance of certain chemicals in the brain, particularly gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and glutamate. By helping the brain function normally again, Acamprosate assists alcohol-dependent individuals in coping with cravings and living without the need for alcohol. It is also sold under the trade name Campral a medication that contains Acamprosate, and it is used to help individuals who are dependent on alcohol maintain abstinence and prevent relapses. It works by restoring a chemical balance in the brain, reducing alcohol cravings, and promoting sobriety.
How Acamprosate Works
Acamprosate is a synthetic amino acid that acts as a neurotransmitter analog, facilitating the proper functioning of chemical substances in the brain. Specifically, it regulates the levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and glutamate, which are essential for maintaining normal brain activity. By doing so, Acamprosate plays a vital role in helping the brains of individuals struggling with alcohol dependency return to a balanced state.
Helping People Overcome Alcohol Dependence
Acamprosate Dosage for Alcoholism
The dosage of Acamprosate will be determined by your doctor after a thorough examination. Factors such as age, sex, drug allergies, and the severity of your condition will be considered in determining the appropriate dosage. It is essential to adhere strictly to your doctor's prescription.
Side Effects of Acamprosate Medication
- If you experience allergic reactions to Acamprosate (Campral, Acamprol), such as skin hives, difficulty breathing, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat, seek immediate medical attention.
- Some serious side effects of Generic Acamprosate include changes in mood or behavior, self-harming or suicidal thoughts, severe depression or anxiety, and confusion. Report any such symptoms to your doctor promptly.
- Less severe side effects may include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, diarrhea, headache, vision problems, weakness, back pain, changes in taste, or insomnia. Note that this list may not be exhaustive, and you may experience other side effects as well.
Important Precaution to be taken about Acamptas Tablet (Acamprosate)
- Before starting Acamprosate treatment, ensure you are not allergic to the active ingredient, Acamprosate, and do not have severe kidney disease. This medication is not effective for alcohol withdrawal symptoms and is only suitable for those who have already quit drinking. Inform your doctor if you have any kidney issues that are not serious, as adjustments to the dosage may be required.
- Acamprosate can bring about mood and behavior changes, and in rare cases, it may lead to suicidal thoughts. If you experience feelings of depression or have unpleasant thoughts while taking this medication, promptly notify your doctor. Ensure that your family members and caretakers are aware of any behavioral changes and know how to contact your doctor in case of emergencies.
- While using Acamprosate, be cautious of activities that require mental alertness, such as driving, as the medication can affect your thinking and reflexes. Avoid alcohol completely during treatment, and promptly inform your doctor if you consume any alcoholic beverages.
How to Take Acamprosate
- Always follow your doctor's prescription and refrain from making any dosage changes without their advice. Start taking Acamprosate as soon as possible after quitting alcohol, and remember to take it with water. Though it can be taken with or without food, associating it with regular meals may help with consistency.
- Remember that Acamprosate is not a standalone treatment for alcohol dependence. It must be used alongside professional counseling and a commitment to abstain from alcohol consumption. Continue taking the medication as prescribed, even if you experience a relapse, and inform your doctor if you resume alcohol use.
Buy Acamprosate Online at Onlinegenericmedicine.com:
At Onlinegenericmedicine.com, you can conveniently purchase Acamprosate online. Our platform offers a safe and reliable way to access this effective medication, coupled with helpful information and expert advice to support your journey to alcohol recovery.
Acamptas Tablet (Acamprosate) Interaction with Other Drugs
Inform your doctor about all medications you are currently using, including prescription, over-the-counter, and herbal products, as they may interact with Acamprosate (Campral, Acamprol). Always consult your doctor before starting any new medication.
Frequently Asked Questions about Acamprosate
Q. Is acamprosate safe during pregnancy?
Acamprosate should only be used if its benefits outweigh the potential risk to the baby. Follow your doctor's advice regarding its use during pregnancy.
Q. Is it safe to use acamprosate during breastfeeding?
Acamprosate is not safe for breastfeeding mothers and should be avoided.
Q. Is acamprosate addictive/ a narcotic?
Acamprosate is not addictive when used as prescribed. It is not a narcotic but a calcium acetylhomotaurinate.
Q. Is acamprosate available in Canada/Australia/India?
Acamprosate is available in Canada, Australia, and India. Follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.
Q. Is acamprosate effective?
Acamprosate is effective when used as prescribed.
Q. Is acamprosate a placebo?
No, acamprosate is a drug, not a placebo.
Q. What is acamprosate/What is acamprosate calcium used for?
Acamprosate, also known as acamprosate calcium, is used alongside counseling to help individuals with alcohol dependence maintain sobriety and avoid relapses.
Q. Does acamprosate get you high/make you drowsy/cause weight gain?
These side effects are rare with acamprosate treatment. If you experience such symptoms, consult your doctor immediately and discontinue the medication.
- Abstain from alcohol during acamprosate treatment for better effectiveness.
- Begin taking acamprosate as soon as possible after alcohol withdrawal.
- If you experience symptoms of depression or suicidality, inform your treating doctor.
- Always consult your doctor before discontinuing acamprosate.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.