Zovirax Tablet (Acyclovir)
Zovirax Tablet is an antiviral medicine. The active ingredient is now aciclovir (acyclovir) and it helps to stop or kill the growth of the virus. It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed dose and time.Read More
Introduction of Zovirax Tablet (Acyclovir)
Zovirax Tablet is an antiviral medicine. The active ingredient is now aciclovir (acyclovir) and it helps to stop or kill the growth of the virus. It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed dose and time. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or are breast-feeding and your detailed medical history.
Uses of Zovirax Tablet (Acyclovir)
Zovirax Tablet is used to treat viral infections such as chickenpox, shingles, herpes, genital herpes (pain and blisters in the genital area) etc.
Directions for Use
Zovirax Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It is better if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and you should not consume more than what has been prescribed by your doctor.
Side Effects of Zovirax Tablet (Acyclovir)
- • Headache
- • Dizziness
- • Diarrhea
- • Stomach pain
- • Nausea
- • Vomiting
Precautions of Zovirax Tablet (Acyclovir)
- • You should consult your doctor before use Zovirax tablet during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe this medication if he considers it necessary after weighing the benefits and risks. If you find out you are pregnant while taking this remedy, tell your physician right away.
- • Aciclovir passes into breast milk, so consult your doctor before using Zovirax tablet while breastfeeding.
- • Zovirax Tablet may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Activities together with riding and operating equipment ought to be avoided.
- • There are no known interactions between alcohol and Zovirax tablets. Consult your doctor if you are used to drinking alcohol regularly.
Interactions of Zovirax Tablet (Acyclovir)
- • Some medicines may affect the way Zovirax Tablet works or the medicine itself may decrease the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- • Tell your doctor about all medications, supplements or herbal remedies you are currently taking or may be taking to avoid any possible interactions. Also, you should let your doctor know if you have planned surgery or vaccinations.
- • Medicines such as probenecid (used in the treatment of gout), cimetidine (used in the treatment of stomach problems such as ulcers), mycophenolate mofetil (used in Crohn's disease) should be used. Be careful with this drug.
- • Zovirax Tablet should be used with caution with mycophenolate mofetil used for post-transplant treatment.
Does Zovirax Tablet make you tired?
No, this medicine does not cause fatigue. You may feel dizzy and have a headache, but not everyone experiences these side effects.
How long should I take Zovirax Tablet?
Your treating physician determines the length of treatment depending on the underlying condition and other parameters. Do no longer prevent taking this medication in your own.
How much Zovirax can I take per day?
Zovirax tablets are recommended for children over 6 years of age. Dosage in Adults: Treatment of chickenpox and herpes zoster: Zovirax should be taken five times a day, approximately four hours apart, skipping the nighttime dose. Treatment should continue for seven days.
|200mg, 400mg, 800mg