Neo-Mercazole Tablet (Carbimazole)
Neo Mercazole Tablet is an antithyroid drug. It is used to treat hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid gland). It is also used to relieve symptoms of hyperthyroidism before radioactive iodine treatment or thyroid surgery.Read More
Introduction of Neo-Mercazole Tablet (Carbimazole)
Neo Mercazole Tablet is an antithyroid drug. It is used to treat hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid gland). It is also used to relieve symptoms of hyperthyroidism before radioactive iodine treatment or thyroid surgery. This medication works by reducing the production of thyroxine. Neo Mercazole Tablet causing rapid weight loss is the most common side effect. You may also experience other side effects such as diarrhea, joint pain, itching, rash, fever, headache, drowsiness, etc. These side effects may match away on their personal. If they bother you longer or get worse, see your doctor. Avoid the use of this remedy in case you are allergic to it. Neo Mercazole Tablet may be taken with or without food. Take in keeping with the dose and time prescribed by your health practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Do it often at the same time for easier memorization and better results. Do not stop the usage of this medication without consulting your doctor. Neo Mercazole Tablet may not be right for everyone. Its use is not recommended in children under two years of age because data on the safety and effectiveness of its use are not available. Tell your doctor if you have low blood counts and liver problems. Also stay informed about all your other health problems and your current medications. Consult your medical doctor in case you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking this remedy.
Uses of Neo-Mercazole Tablet (Carbimazole)
Neo-Mercazole tablet is used to treat hyperthyroidism (overproduction of thyroid hormone).
- • It is also used before thyroidectomy (surgical removal of part of the thyroid gland).
- • It can also be used before and after radioactive iodine treatment (used to treat hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer).
Side Effects of Neo-Mercazole Tablet (Carbimazole)
- • Sore throat
- • Mouth ulcers
- • Headache
- • Asthenia
- • Rash
- • Fever
- • Itching
- • Nausea
- • Stomach irritation
- • Drowsiness
- • Testicular pain
- • Bone marrow toxicity
Precautions of Neo-Mercazole Tablet (Carbimazole)
- An allergy to carbimazole or any of the other ingredients in this medicine
- • have a serious blood disorder
- • A serious liver disorder
- • Have a swelling in the neck called a “goiter” in the chest”
Interactions of Neo-Mercazole Tablet (Carbimazole)
The active drug Mercazole or the drug itself may decrease the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- • Tell your doctor about all medications, supplements or herbal remedies you are currently taking or may be taking to avoid any possible interactions.
- • Medicines such as theophylline used to support breathing if taken with Neo-Mercazole can increase the concentration of the old drug and may produce unwanted effects.
- • This medicine may increase levels of steroids, such as prednisolone and the antibiotic erythromycin.
- • Medicines used to treat heart disease such as digitalis and beta-blockers (atenolol, propranolol) should be taken at the same time as this drug requires dose adjustment.
- • Anticoagulants should be used with caution with this drug and require frequent monitoring of coagulation parameters.
Does Neo-Mercazole cause weight gain?
No, weight gain is not a side effect associated with this drug. However, it may cause weight gain in a small number of patients; you should consult your doctor for more information.
Does Neo-Mercazole cause nausea?
Yes, neo-mercazole can cause nausea as a side effect.
How do you take neomercazole tablets?
Take this remedy at the dose and for the time recommended by way of your doctor. Swallow whole. Do not chew, crush or break. Neo-Mercazole 10 Tablet can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.