Metrogyl Tablet (Metronidazole)
Discover the effectiveness of Metrogyl 200 mg, containing Metronidazole—an antibiotic combatting bacterial infections throughout the body. From the vagina to the respiratory tract, it addresses infections in various parts. Rely on OnlineGenericMedicine.com for a seamless experience in acquiring high-quality medications. Prioritize your health by effortlessly purchasing Metrogyl 200 mg (Metronidazole) at our online store, ensuring you receive a top-notch product with every order. Trust us to enhance your healthcare journey.Read More
Take metronidazole for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. Skipping doses may also increase your risk of further infection that is resistant to antibiotics. Metronidazole will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu. Do not drink alcohol while you are taking metronidazole and for at least 3 days after you stop taking it. You may have unpleasant side effects such as fast heartbeats, warmth or redness under your skin, tingly feeling, nausea, and vomiting.
What is metronidazole?
Metronidazole is an antibiotic. It fights bacteria in your body. Metronidazole is used to treat bacterial infections of the vagina, stomach, skin, joints, and respiratory tract. This medication will not treat a vaginal yeast infection. Metronidazole may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.Metrogyl, also known as Metronidazole, is a prescription medication used to treat a variety of bacterial and parasitic infections. The drug is classified as an antibacterial and antiprotozoal medication, and it works by stopping the growth and spread of bacteria and other harmful microorganisms.Metrogyl is also sold under the brand name Flagyl.
Metrogyl is available in various forms, including tablets, capsules, and injectable solutions. It is important to take Metrogyl exactly as prescribed by a healthcare professional, and to complete the full course of treatment even if symptoms improve before the medication is finished.
What is Flagyl?
Flagyl is a brand name for the drug metronidazole, which is an antibiotic and antiprotozoal medication used to treat infections caused by certain types of bacteria and parasites. It is commonly used to treat infections of the stomach, intestines, vagina, and respiratory tract, as well as certain sexually transmitted infections. It works by interfering with the DNA of the bacteria or parasite, preventing it from reproducing and eventually killing it.
How it works
Metronidazole belongs to a class of medicines called as nitroimidazole antibiotics. It works by inhibiting energy production and killing the bacteria and parasites that cause infections in the body.
Precautions of Metrogyl (Metronidazole):
Metrogyl (Metronidazole) is an antibiotic that is commonly used to treat bacterial and parasitic infections. Here are some precautions that you should take when using Metrogyl:
1. Always take the medication as directed by your healthcare provider. Do not take more or less than the prescribed dose, and do not stop taking it without consulting your doctor.
2. Do not drink alcohol while taking Metrogyl as it can cause severe nausea, vomiting, headache, and flushing.
3. Inform your doctor if you have a history of liver disease, blood disorders, or nervous system disorders before taking Metrogyl.
4. Metrogyl can interact with other medications, so inform your healthcare provider about any other prescription or over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, or herbal supplements you are taking.
5. Metrogyl can cause dizziness and drowsiness, so avoid activities that require mental alertness until you know how the medication affects you.
6. Metrogyl can cause a metallic taste in the mouth, so you may want to avoid spicy or acidic foods.
7. Metrogyl can cause diarrhea, so make sure to stay hydrated and inform your doctor if you experience severe or persistent diarrhea.
8. Metrogyl should not be used during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester, unless absolutely necessary. Consult your doctor before taking this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use Flagyl pills if you are allergic to metronidazole, or if you are in the first trimester of pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Uses of Metrogyl (Metronidazole)
Metrogyl (Metronidazole) is an antibiotic medication that is commonly used to treat various bacterial and parasitic infections. Here are some of the uses for Metrogyl:
1. Bacterial infections: Metrogyl is effective against several bacterial infections such as dental infections, bone and joint infections, skin and soft tissue infections, and respiratory tract infections.
2. Parasitic infections: Metrogyl is also used to treat parasitic infections such as giardiasis, trichomoniasis, and amoebiasis.
3. Gastrointestinal infections: Metrogyl is often used to treat infections of the stomach and intestines caused by Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
4. Sexually transmitted infections (STIs): Metrogyl is used to treat STIs such as bacterial vaginosis, and it is also used in combination with other antibiotics to treat other STIs like gonorrhea.
5. Dental infections: Metrogyl is sometimes used to treat dental infections, such as periodontitis (infection of the gums) and periapical infections (infection at the root of the tooth).
6. Anaerobic infections: Metrogyl is effective against anaerobic infections caused by bacteria that do not need oxygen to grow, such as intra-abdominal infections, pelvic infections, and brain abscesses.
It is important to note that Metrogyl should only be used under the direction of a healthcare provider and that the appropriate dose and duration of treatment will vary depending on the type and severity of the infection.
Common side effects
A lack or loss of appetite, Furry tongue, Soreness or irritation of the mouth or tongue.rare: black, Vomiting, Upset stomach, Unpleasant taste, Dark colored urine, And diarrhea, Dry mouth, Numbness or tingling in hands or feet
- Take these tablets without crushing during or just after a meal with water.
- Consult your doctor before using metronidazole if you have liver disease, nervous disorders or if you are undergoing kidney dialysis.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking medicines such as warfarin (and other blood-thinners), and vitamins.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to metronidazole or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not take alcohol while taking this medicine as it may lead to headaches, upset stomach, vomiting, stomach cramps, sweating and flushing (redness of the face).
- Do not drive or operate heavy medicine after taking the medicine as it may temporarily cause dizziness and problems in vision.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothing, sunglasses or apply sunscreen before stepping out in the sun as this drug may increase the sensitivity to sunlight.
Frequently asked questions
How should I take metronidazole (Metrogyl)?
Take metronidazole exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Take the extended-release metronidazole tablet (Flagyl ER) on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating a meal. Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow it whole. Breaking the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time. Take metronidazole for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. Skipping doses may also increase your risk of further infection that is resistant to antibiotics. Metronidazole will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu. To be sure metronidazole is not causing harmful effects, your blood may need to be tested often. Your liver function may also need to be tested. Visit your doctor regularly. This medication can cause unusual results with certain medical tests. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using metronidazole. Store metronidazole at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. Overdose symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination, numbness and tingling, or seizures (convulsions).
What should I avoid?
Do not drink alcohol while you are taking metronidazole and for at least 3 days after you stop taking it. You may have unpleasant side effects such as fast heartbeats, warmth or redness under your skin, tingly feeling, nausea, and vomiting. Check the labels of any medicines or food products you use to make sure they do not contain alcohol. Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or bloody, stop taking metronidazole and call your doctor. Do not use anti-diarrhea medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
|J B Remedies, India